August 23, 2019
Sokha Hotel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
ARISE Plus Cambodia is the national Cambodian component of the ARISE Plus Regional Programme that aims to support greater connectivity and economic integration between Cambodia and the rest of ASEAN through implementing the AEC Blueprint 2025 and strengthening institutional capacity. It is co-financed by the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. The Ministry of Commerce is the political partner for this project whereas the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the Ministry of Industry and Handicraft and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries are primary beneficiaries along with private sector and business associations. The project budget is EUR 9.35 million out which the EU is financing EUR 7.35 million.
The formal project kick-off workshop marked the end of the inception phase, summing up findings from the 50 validation meetings held by the project team with the main beneficiaries and selected public and private entities including development partners, international institutions and research entities.
The major goals of the kickoff workshop were:
• Official launch of the project after end of inception phase
• Clear understanding of project background and structure of the project by all stakeholders
• Communication of observations and agreements made during inception phase by project
• Articulation of expectations towards project and the cooperation system by principal stakeholders
• Better understanding of capacity development needs in the cooperation system
• Clear picture of concrete next steps in each component among the principal stakeholders
During the workshop, all participants received a flash drive containing knowledge products, policy documents and manuals on trade policy, trade facilitation and SME development.