February 26, 2024
February 29, 2024
Phnom Penh, 12 February 2024 – With the financial support from the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), ARISE Plus Cambodia is organizing the second series of Advanced Private Sector Training on Trade Policy & Trade Negotiations.
The training aims to enhance the capacity of the private sector in Cambodia to engage effectively in the private-public cooperation and dialogue on trade policy and trade negotiation concerns.
WHY TAKE THIS TRAINING COURSE?
In recent years, Cambodia has deepened its market access with numerous trading partners, through bilateral and regional free trade agreements. This has led to profound changes in how trade policy is formulated in Cambodia, as new agreements mean new export and import rules, new trade facilitation commitments and new rules of origin requirements.
By the end of the course, you will be able to appreciate the nuts and bolts of trade policy making in Cambodia, obtain tools to play a pro-active and pro-development role in future trade policy formulation and understand techniques to influence Cambodia’s trade policy, including bilateral, plurilateral and multilateral trade agreements.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Understand how policies, regulations that govern trade in Cambodia are developed, by who, how and when: trade policy, trade strategy, export strategy, digital trade strategy, travel goods and garment strategy, etc.
- Strategize on how business associations could be proactive and positioned to influence trade policy making in coming years
- Learn what Rules of Origin are, how they apply to Made-in-Cambodia products in general and your products in particular and how the Cambodia FTA Portal will make it easier for businesses to access much-needed information.
- Get first-hand knowledge on on-going and forthcoming trade negotiations led by the Royal Government of Cambodia and how participants will be able to influence of inform the process by practicing trade negotiations
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Public policy officers of leading import/export SMEs
- Managers involved in import and export procedures
- Lawyers, legal experts, consultants involved in trade-related procedures.
- Business chambers and business associations managers
- Advocacy and outreach managers
- All those interested in playing an active role in influencing Cambodia’s future trade policy goals.
ABOUT THE TRAINERS:
Our trainers are among the most experienced trade policy advisors, researchers in Cambodia and ASEAN: they currently advise senior Government officials, multilateral organizations and trade negotiators.
Duration: Four days
Date: 26-29 February 2024
Time: 8:30AM-5:00PM (Phnom Penh Time)
Modality: Physical, Phnom Penh
Fee: Free of charge
Link for registration: https://bit.ly/4bAFIq0
Registration deadline: 21 February 2024 (5:00PM)
Please note that only around 40 candidates will be shortlisted based on their work portfolio and in accordance with the “first come, first serve” principle. Only the shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the training series on the aforementioned date.
Upon registration, you agree to participate in the full four-day of the training series. Specific details regarding the training program and agenda will be shared with you via email and Telegram upon your selection
By joining this event, the participants are aware that pictures/video/recording will be taken and agree for these pictures/video/recording to be used by GIZ and partners for non-commercial purposes.
Should there be any question, please contact:
Mr. SokSovanrotha, Trade Facilitation Advisor